Create a Cozy Living Room in Seven Steps
Do you need a cozy room in which to curl up and relax? Does your living room need a revamp? Here are some trending ideas on how to create a cozy living room.
· Tall potted plants strategically placed in a room give the room a lived-in, inviting feeling.
· Creating clear divisions between rooms to definitively separate the living room from another space is a great way to create an intimate atmosphere. Using couches or console tables to create the division helps enclose a cozy space.
· Don’t skimp on comfort. When it comes to couches and chairs, go for ultimate coziness. Having a comfortable place to sit will keep your guests, and you, relaxed and able to enjoy the space you have created.
· Fill bare walls with accent art and items that depict you and your style. Bare walls are often associated with stiff rooms so filling walls gives the room personality that people can relate to more.
· Using the whole room can create a sense of comfort. By drawing the eye upward, you force people to focus on the room as a whole and not just the flower arrangement on the table. Paint vertical lines on walls or use floor-to-ceiling bookshelves that accent the room top to bottom.
· Layered lighting is another great way to establish an intimate room. A cozy room should have the ability to let in natural light, accent parts of the room with spotlights, and mood light the room at other times.
· Use textured patterns to finish off the cozy feeling of your updated living room. Add pillows, a throw blanket, candles and candleholders, and accessories to bring the room to life. These touches give the room a personal feel allowing someone to truly curl up and relax.