DIY Home Improvement Projects
From time to time, it’s always nice to spruce things up and make them feel or look like new again. Maybe a full makeover or remodel is out of the question. But here are some do-it-yourself projects to improve your home today!
1. Paint – Do you want to make over your entire home or just one room? Either way, a fresh coat of paint can do wonders. While a fresh coat of the same color will help give a room a refreshed look, consider trying out a new color all together. Accent walls are popular and can give a room some major character. Another fun design is stripes on the lower half of the wall. Have fun with it.
2. Window Coverings – Often we stick with the same old blinds or window coverings for years not realizing how drab they come to look. Take a look at some new curtains for the inside or shutters for the outside. Window coverings can become a gorgeous focal point in a room so take a look around and consider updating your windows by hanging a simple rod and some fresh material.
3. Light Fixtures – We grow accustomed to seeing the same light fixtures year after year in our home. Give a room a makeover just by adding some sconces. Hang a new fixture over the dining room table. Or simply get some updated fixtures for throughout your home. This easy improvement will shed new light throughout your home.
4. Flooring – Is the carpet growing old? Kitchen floors showing signs of wear and tear? Everyone has a preference for the type of flooring they prefer throughout their home. Do some research on what you can afford and what will help pull a room together. Take this project room by room so you are not overwhelmed with a project larger than you can handle in one weekend.
5. Color Schemes – We often times have the habit of slumping into the tried-and-true color scheme of neutrals and everything matching. It’s time to mix things up! Add some color throughout your home with artwork, pillows, flowers, and accent pieces. There’s no need to get rid of old items. Simply add new items with a pop of color. Play with a different color in each room to give your home a characterized look that matches you and your lifestyle.
You’ll be amazed at how big a difference these small improvements can make. And best of all? These can all be done for cheap and over a weekend.