DO Versus DO NOT Social Media Tips
We often find ourselves thinking we are doing an incredible job on social media and engaging with everything possible. But social media has its own set of rules and etiquette that should be followed. Take a look at this list of DO versus DO NOT on social media before you log on today. You may be surprised at how you can up your game (or get rid of a habit dragging you down!).
· Use a professional headshot
· Fill in contact information
· Post relevant information regularly
· Comment on other posts pertinent to your business/industry
· Share and like posts from your connections’ profiles
· Respond to comments and messages in a timely manner
· Post inappropriate photos or content
· Use vulgar or derogatory language
· Like every post, photo, or update you see
· Retweet every tweet a connection posts – Your profile should look different!
· Conduct business on your profile
· Post the same post repeatedly
· Buy followers or connections
Just use common sense. Social media is a platform used to generate conversations about relevant news and topics that groups of people are interested in and/or knowledgeable about. Sticking to this list will help you establish a positive reputation on social media.