Five Steps to Become the Best Trick-or-Treat House on the Block
Halloween is just around the corner. If you haven’t started prepping your house for those tiny trick-or-treaters, fear not. Follow these five steps to become the best trick-or-treat destination on the block!
1. Decorations – Whether you go for scary or cute, decorate! Everyone loves checking out decorations. Draw people to your door with alluring and creative decorations. Cobwebs, skeletons, mummies, or whatever strikes your fancy.
2. Candy – This is probably the number one step where if you ace it, the neighbors won’t be able to stop talking. Everyone passes out bite-sized candies and small packaged items. Want to stand out? Head to your local warehouse store and stock up on king-sized candy bars. Watch little jaws drop as these candies find their way into their trick-or-treat bags.
3. Easy Access – Some little children get scared and parents are weary when they have to travel through a dark maze to reach your door. Make sure the route is trip-free and well lit to prevent injuries or people simply skipping over your home.
4. Dress Up – Add some fun to your home by dressing up to pass out candy and treats! Give visitors something else to make their night special by joining the festivities with a fun costume of your own!
5. Atmosphere – Play some creepy music in the background or have ghostly shadows flickering on the wall to help set the atmosphere. Making it a full experience for the young trick-or-treaters makes your house a memorable stop and the talk on the streets.
Remember to play it safe when it comes to decorations! While it’s fun to make things extra scary, it can also be an overwhelming evening for those who aren’t too keen of walking around terrified. Have a good mix of scary and fun to keep all visitors happy.