Tips for Remodeling Your Bathroom
Whether you’re about to list your home for sale or just sick of looking at a dingy or outdated bathroom, here are some tips for sprucing up and remodeling your bathroom.
1. Paint – Taking a fresh coat of paint to the walls can do wonders. Try something new, fun, and eye-catching. Maybe go for off-white walls with a color accent ceiling. Or some stripes that tie in décor accents.
2. Tile – Tile is a great way to add texture to a small room. Consider adding it as a backsplash around the sink area or unique designs to the shower. Keep it rather neutral if you’re thinking of selling your home. With different style preferences, an intense design could be off-putting to a potential buyer.
3. Artwork – Adding bright or themed artwork to a bathroom can give the area some character. Artwork can bring an entire room together.
4. Windows – Updating the windows can prevent drafts and add an element of elegance.
5. Toilet – One of the major features of the bathroom, this appliance should not be overlooked. Do some research and refresh the toilet to an upgraded and sleek model. (You know toilet research and shopping sounds fun!)
6. Storage – Evaluate storage when you are remodeling. Add some cabinets or shelving that is understated and yet adds a unique place for bathroom essentials to be stored in an appropriate way.
7. Countertops – Countertops are a major feature in a bathroom. Taking up a good portion of the visible area, this is one area where you should make sure to do it right. No matter what your choice in material, make sure it is done professionally.
8. Splurge: New shower/tub – Thinking of spending some extra cash to really put the finishing touches on your bathroom? Remodeling the shower and tub can add incredible value to your home. Make sure to do it professionally and right.
Give your bathroom that boost it needs! Use all of these tips or just a couple for a bathroom remodel that is sure to wow both you and your guests.