Your Guide to Black Friday
Are you considering braving the crowds on Black Friday? Or will you attack the sales from your couch? Either way, here are some tips on how to win this Black Friday.
1. Check the deals early – Most companies announce the specials they will be offering before they open their doors. Do your research so you know where the best deals are and what items you will want from where.
2. Have a gift list – Avoid overspending and buying everything just because it’s “on sale” by having a list of those you will be buying gifts for and possibly even what you hope to get them.
3. Plan your budget – All those deals can really be tempting. Plan your budget by looking at your bank account, how many people you need gifts for, and what you can reasonably spend this season. Too many people get themselves into trouble during the holiday season because they spend without taking into consideration their financial situation in the future. Whether you set an overall holiday budget or a price per head, be sure to stick with it to avoid issues later on.
4. Don’t get sidetracked – Do exactly what all those retailers are trying to make you forget: stay focused. By focusing on these lists you’ve made, you are able to “get in and get out” without causing too much damage to your finances. Try to stay on task despite all of the luring deals.
5. Remember what it’s REALLY all about – The crowds, the chaos, and the entire day focused on consumerism make it easy for us all to forget what this season is really about. Find yourself becoming overwhelmed with everything, even if it’s from sitting at home and shopping online? Take a step back and put things in perspective. There is a lot going on in the world today. Sure, a great deal on a TV is enticing, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s so important to remember this season is about giving, loving, and being with those you love.