Plan the Ultimate Stay-cation
Did you miss your chance to get away this summer? It’s not too late. You can still enjoy a relaxing break with these fun, cheap, and easy “stay-cation” ideas.
1. Camping – Forget packing up and hauling equipment to a campground. Pitch a tent in your own backyard! If possible and you are able to start a small campfire safely, enjoy some S’mores and campfire food. Roll out those sleeping bags and sleep under the stars. Don’t forget the bug spray!
2. Pool Party – Beat the heat by jumping in the pool. Whether at your own house, a friend’s house, or a local community pool, grab some toys, towels, snacks, and the sunscreen. Get outside and enjoy a day or sunbathing and swimming.
3. Hiking – Feeling active? Consider hiking with the family or your dog. You can do an easier, level trail or a more advanced hill or mountain. Either way, pack a light backpack of snacks and water to make sure you stay properly hydrated and nourished while getting some exercise outdoors.
4. Book Party – Head to your local library or bookstore and browse all the titles. Maybe you’re looking to test out a new genre or perhaps you have a list of books you’ve been meaning to read. Grab a couple and enjoy over a fresh coffee or frozen yogurt. This stay-cation can bring you to a whole other world!
5. Board Game Tournament – Invite some friends or neighbors over or just make this a family tournament. Make sure you have a variety of games to choose from to ensure everyone has something to enjoy. Put on some music, bring out the snacks, and make some memories over some fun board games.
No matter how you choose to spend your stay-cation, be sure to put your phone away. Yes, that means no emails, no games, and no electronics. Take the time to explore life without being attached to your phone. Don’t forget to stock up on snacks and food ahead of time so you can enjoy your relaxing time without having to head off to a crowded store. Plan ahead to make the most of your stay-cation.