Around-the-House Weekend Projects
Sometimes it can seem like the chores around the house just keep adding up. Your to-do list gets longer by the week. Why not set a day aside this weekend to cross off some of those tasks and get your house back in tip-top shape? Here are some projects to tackle this weekend.
1. Fix leaks – Faucets, toilets, and pipes all have a tendency of suddenly springing leaks over time. Go around the house and tighten up these leaks. Head to the hardware store if necessary for needed parts. Not only are you helping the environment and saving water, but your water bill will also see an improvement!
2. Garden – The weather forecast says it’s supposed to be a nice weekend so head outside to clean up the yard. Prune bushes, plant some flowers, sweep away dead leaves and twigs, and mow the lawn. It’s amazing what a little outdoors clean up can do for the entire look of your home.
3. Paint – Painting gives a new face to any surface. Go for a new color or just boost an old color with a fresh coat. It doesn’t matter if it’s one room inside or the entire exterior, paint will help bring an area to life.
4. Clean – Clean out closest, cabinets, drawers, and cupboards. On a regular basis, check for expired food that should be discarded. Or go through your cupboard and get a bag of food to donate. Old or under-used clothes can go to those in need. Junk drawers can be emptied of contents you never went back for. Creating space and decluttering gives your home a new feel.
5. Check detectors – Now is a good time to check the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure all are in working order and replace batteries when necessary.
Don’t let the weekend slip by as your list of project grows. Start tackling them now and get your list in check.